Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Art Education = I need more money $$

So, I filled out my order requisitions for next year's art supplies in April, as I was instructed to do by our secretary. I come to find out the second week of June that I need to make around $500 in cuts to the orders I have already submitted.  And then, because my order is over $750, I am required to submit a bid from a second vendor. I need to look up all of the 250+ items I order and create a second requisition...  Art teacher problems! 

Many art programs are experiencing budget cuts and I hate to complain because my school district really does support the arts as best as they can.  So now I am brainstorming to come up with ideas that I can use to supplement my budget. With a quick Google search I found a few resources for grand applications and fundraising.  

National Endowment for the Arts: Apply for Grants

Square1 Art Fundraiser

Art to Remember Fundraiser

Donors Choose Grants

Wyoming Arts Council Grants


Have any of you readers ever used any of these means to raise fund for art room supplies?  Any advice or warning to the wise for me? 

2 comments:

  1. Christina, one of the things you want to get into the habit of is annotating your links. This way people know specifically why you selected each one and/or what you'd like them to focus on at that resource.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christina, what a good idea to find resources for fundraising. It is hard, especially being an elective class, when budget cuts stop you from doing what you want in the classroom and what you know would help your students.

    ReplyDelete