Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Online Art Lessons for Next Year

In order to keep my classroom content fresh and my students motivated, I try to come up with new and exciting projects to incorporate each year.  Thinking of new ideas and concepts to try with my students can at times be a struggle, thank you internet! Here is a list of my top  finds for art lessons from the web. I have not done these projects yet but this is the challenge to myself for the next school year. So excited!  
    [elephants12[3].jpg]
  • Salvador Dali Elephants and Surrealistic Creatures

     This is a step by step lesson on creating Salvador Dali's surrealists elephants.  It is a great resource because it includes step by step pictures, drawing instructions, and introductory video, and material tips.  

    Grade level: 4th-6th
    Materials:12x18 drawing paper, pencils, marker, chalk pastel. 
    Source: Blog- smART Class







  • We all scream for ICE CREAM!!!

    Wayne Thiebaud inspired paper mache ice cream cones.  Use crumpled up newspaper and cone shaped cups for the bottom.  Kids will be excited to create  the most delicious, realistic looking, and the tallest ice cream cones. This lesson is sweet! 

    Grade Level: 4th-6th
    Materials: News paper, masking tape, cone cups, tempera paint, glue. 
    Source: Blog- There's a Dragon in my Art Room  


    http://josettebrouwer.edublogs.org/files/2012/03/IMG_4726-2ekxwi8.jpg

  • 2nd Grade Cat in the Hats

     This is a fun lesson for kids to create in honor of Dr. Suess' birthday. The students would turn themselves into a cat in the hat. 

    Grade Level: 2nd Grade

    Materials: Long piece of drawing paper, black and white printed photo of students, tempera paint, crayon, marker, glue.
    Source: Georgetown Elementary Art Blog









  •  Foundation Wire

    Drawing in line.. with wire. I am so excited to try this lesson and have kids focus on creating a drawing using only conture lines.  The instructions are pretty skimpy on this resource but I think there are a lot of possibilities.  It does include project examples, a video, and resource links to related artists.  

    Grade Level: 6th
    Materials: 12 x 18 Black construction paper, wire, photograph, adhesive
    Source: Online Artroom
     
    http://artroomonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/foundation-wire-015.jpg
  • Picasso Portraits

    Step by step directions fro drawing a portrait of Picasso's dear Dora Maar

    Grade Level: 1st- 2nd
    Materials: 12″ x 18″ white paper, black oil pastel, tempera paints, black tempera paint
    Source:  Blog- Deep Space Sparkle

    •                                

4 comments:

  1. Christina, this is much better in terms of the annotations. You've described each link and how you assume or would like folks to use them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks. I am still not happy with how things are formatting. The spacing when I add images or videos is off. One thing I prefer with using Weebly is that is has clean and easy to format layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christina!
    Your blog is killer! I wish I would have taken the leap to create a brand new blog to this course. I thought it would be beneficial to use my learning log, but it is proving quite difficult. I love that you get to post about something you're passionate about and be creative! This post is great! It gave me a better understanding about how annotated links should be formatted. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Emily. I really dislike working with wordpress so this is actually the 4th blog I have created for my EDTECH classes! My favorite site to work with is WEEBLY, much easier to manipulate the look of things.

    ReplyDelete